Sunday, February 1, 2009

About Me

If you had told me two years ago that I would have a business that had to do with sewing and embroidery, I'd have laughed you out of the room......

I am by no means a super-seamstress but I do sew a little here and there and applique and embroider a whole lot!  I am 31.....married to my best friend of 17 years Jared and have three amazing kids - Owen (4), Camryn (3) and Sawyer (barely 1) who are the lights of my life - three kids in 4 years and a new business - am I crazy?! But seriously.......the name Trucks and Tutus came from them! I have a psychology degree from Texas A&M, taught 5 years of public school before I became a "stay-at-home-mom on-the-go-mom," and now have a full-blown business!  In February 2009 I barely knew how to thread a sewing machine.....I taught myself how to sew here and there and then in March 2009 my Grandmother graciously loaned me the money to buy my big embroidery machine and now I have slowly paid her back, built my business and continue learning a lot.  I sew during naptime and nighttime and although it is just one of my many "jobs," I love making things for people and coming up with new custom designs....sometimes I can't even sleep because of all the ideas swirling around in my head!  I hope to one day have my own line of funky and fun children's clothing......but for now this will do!  If you think my hands are full, you should see my heart!


What started off with one plastic bin of fabric and supplies and a $50 sewing machine in the playroom has now turned into this! With all three extra bedrooms full of kids, I have been "sent" to what was once the garage storage room but now is my "sweatshop" as my family lovingly calls it!  I love my tiny space - it is the only place in the house that is just for me!  A special thank you to my in-laws for painting and my wonderful husband and parents for their hard work on the floors, shelving systems and organization! 




Since most of my items are embroidery and applique, I suggest either handwashing or washing inside out on the gentle cycle and then laying flat to dry - warm iron with a cloth over the item on LOW if needed!

Sippy cups and tumblers CAN be washed in the dishwasher but TAKE OUT the embroidered fabric/paper FIRST!

My Sewing Machine

My Sewing Machine
Husqvarna Viking Designer 1

My Embroidery/ Applique Machine

My Embroidery/ Applique Machine
Brother PR620
trucks and tutus